The NEET UG syllabus is extensive and covers a wide range of courses. No one book can teach a candidate everything they need to know to pass the exam. The books included in the table below are essential for all applicants and are highly recommended by a few professionals.
Especially biology holds a separate value while NEET preparation. Here are the best biology books for NEET 2023 preparation.
NEET 2023 Biology Books
The biology section comprises botany and zoology. This section is the source of a total of 100 questions. Candidates should focus more on the biology portion because it has a high weight and can earn up to 360 points. In the list of NEET UG 2023 best books for Biology, we have included books that will help retain the concepts and prepare them for objective questions.
Candidates must not forget that the NCERT books of classes 11 and 12 are the best for NEET biology preparation. These help clear the aspirants’ basics while increasing the understanding of how to go about it.
- Objective Biology by Dinesh
- GR Bathla publications for Biology
- Objective Botany by Ansari
- Biology Vol 1 and Vol 2 by Trueman
- 40 Days Biology for NEET by S. Chakravarty
- Biology by Campbell & Reece
Importance of Best books for NEET biology preparation
The nation’s most difficult medical entrance test is called NEET. Every year, a greater number of applicants show up for the exam, upping the level of competitiveness. As a result, candidates must comprehend the importance of the greatest books for NEET preparation in 2023.
- Aspirants can improve their understanding of NCERT concepts with the aid of the best books for NEET.
- Of the 200 questions that will be on the exam, 50 per cent will be based on NCERT principles. It would therefore be easier for students to comprehend the ideas and answer the remaining 50% of the questions if they study from other NEET top books in 2023.
- The NEET exam consists of multiple-choice questions (MCQs), and applicants can prepare effectively by using the top NEET physics, chemistry, and biology books to finish the examination in the allotted time.
- Exam candidates can improve their study methods, speed, and accuracy by practising questions from the top books.
- Students will learn the test pattern for NEET 2023, including the marking scheme, the medium of paper, techniques of questions asked, and other pertinent features, by working through these finest NEET-UG books.
NEET 2023 Biology Syllabus
The syllabus has covered the topics that are taught in class XI and XII in school. The following are the topics for the biology syllabus:
- Diversity in Living World
- Cell Structure and Function
- Structural Organization in Animals and Plants
- Human Physiology
- Plant Physiology
- Genetics and Evolution
- Biology and Human Welfare
- Ecology and Environment
- Biotechnology and Its Applications
How to pick the best books for NEET biology preparation
The following considerations should be considered when choosing the best NEET-preparation books for aspirants:
- Advice from mentors: While there are many NEET books on the market, one must choose the ones that are most appropriate for them. They should get advice for this from their professors, mentors, or seniors who are familiar with their degree of preparation or comprehension of a particular book’s language or substance.
A personalised recommendation would aid them in making wiser decisions than simply stockpiling NEET preparation books and failing to learn from those.
- Content of books: For information on how simple it would be for students to read and comprehend the best books for NEET preparation, they should consult customer reviews. The quality of the language, the readability or comprehension of the information, and the coverage of themes and chapters from the NEET curriculum, among other things, should all be examined.
- Edition: Candidates should always use the most recent NEET book edition. Older editions can have out-of-date information, which would make it difficult to properly prepare them.
- Practice Materials: When choosing the finest books for NEET preparation, students should also make sure that the books have enough practice questions, as well as their answer keys and solutions, or previous years’ solved question papers, in addition to chapter-by-chapter theoretical information.